*** IMPORTANT ***
Please read the Coaching Requirements Information document before you proceed.
BVHS Coach Application
BVHS is seeking coaches for the 2022-2023 Hockey Season.
***Please note that coaches will not be added to the roster after November 15, 2022***
Why be a Flames Coach?
Bow Valley Hockey Society is a well-established, experienced and respected organization within Hockey Calgary. BV is committed to following the mission statement of Hockey Canada, the governing body of hockey in Canada, “To lead, develop and promote positive hockey experiences.”
BV Coaches, are mentored and monitored to a much greater degree than local associations generally have the time or resources available to do. Being a part of our program provides access to first-class professional mentoring services, regular coach development sessions and interactive exchanges with other BV coaches.
BV provides significant administrative support through the Bow Valley Executive and Board so our coaches can focus on 'coaching'... we have a strong administrative infrastructure in place to make sure the rest is taken care of.
Coach Application Process
Please see some pertinent info regarding coaches below:
- Coach applicants are encouraged to read over the Coach Selection Policy prior to signing up to coach.
- Coaches qualify for the society volunteer bond as long as they complete the required hours evaluating. Anyone wanting to coach must evaluate during September for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Each team will consist of a Head Coach, 3 Assistant Coaches, and 1 Assistant Coach - Goalie Coach.
- Due to the number of qualified applicants we receive each season, coaches will only be permitted to be a Head Coach and or Assistant Coach on one team. In situations where we don't have enough applicants, we will allow coaches to be on two rosters.
- ***The deadline to complete the coaching courses and be added to the roster is November 15, 2022***
- ***The deadline to submit your coach application form is August 31, 2022 ***
Step # 1
Prior to completing the online coach application form, please complete the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Certification.
If you have already completed these seminars, please ensure you have your RIS- Activity Leader Certification # as you will require it to complete your online coach application.
Step # 2
Prior to completing the online coach application form, please complete the Hockey Canada Safety Certification Seminar.
Please keep a copy of your receipt for this seminar, and if you are selected to coach you will be reimbursed for the cost of all the Coach Certification clinics in December 2022.
Step # 3
Please fill out the form to request a letter which you will use to obtain a FREE Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening. You will not be reimbursed for the cost if you obtain one on your own.
Please visit the website for more information on Police Information Check.
Please use this link to apply for your Police Information Check AFTER you received your letter with the VSPN.
You will not be reimbursed for the PIC if you obtain one on your own without the VSPN.
Step # 4
Step # 5
Sign up to be an Evaluator or On-Ice Helper during Evaluations. Each Coach Applicant is required to volunteer for a minimum of 12 hrs.
To view your coach certifications you will have to create a Spordle account and link your HCR profile to the account.
Create an HCR 3.0 Spordle Account
The deadline for all Coaching Certifications to be completed is November 15 of the current season.
Coach Certification Clinics
Hockey Alberta Coach Certification Clinic Dates and Times.
BVHS Coaches Clinics
BVHS has partnered with Hockey Alberta to run 14 Coaches Clinics throughout the course of the 2022-2023 Hockey Season.